Blog Moved

Sunday, November 2, 2014

More on Consent, Assault, and the Like

Just to be clear: I couldn't care less about Jian Ghomeshi. I'd never heard of the guy until a week or so ago. But when these sorts of things happen, and you see and hear the kinds of reactions we have seen and heard, it's a teachable moment. And it's an especially good moment for men to shut the fuck up for one freaking moment and listen to what the women around us are saying about their lives and their experience.

In that spirit, here is some more reading material.
The last draws the obvious sorts of comparisons to the recent treatment of Anna Sarkeesian and Brianna Wu and others, about which I've also posted.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments welcome, but they are expected to be civil.
    Please don't bother spamming me. I'm only going to delete it.